Browsing Document Centre by Type "Standard (STD)"
Results Per Page
- Chain of Custody Certification Code: FSC-STD-40-004 FSC International Center (2021-02-02) Type Standard (STD)This is the core standard for FSC CoC certification that specifies the requirements which apply to all CoC certified and applicant organizations with respect to sourcing, processing, labelling, and sale of forest-based products as FSC certified.
- Chain of Custody Certification of Multiple Sites Code: FSC-STD-40-003 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
The objective of this document is to provide the conditions and requirements for the establishment and management of Chain of Custody certificates with multiple sites.
- Chain of Custody Evaluations Code: FSC-STD-20-011 FSC International Center (2021-02-02) Type Standard (STD)
An older version of this normative document exists. To open the old version, please click here .
The objective of this standard is to provide the requirements to be followed by FSC accredited certification bodies (CBs) when auditing CoC organizations against applicable requirements of the FSC normative framework and integrating the findings to come to a reliable certification decision. This standard thereby aims to reduce the level of subjectivity and increase the consistency between sampling levels implemented by different CBs across different situations.
- Forest Management Evaluations Code: FSC-STD-20-007 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
The objective of this standard is to provide the requirements for FSC-accredited certification bodies to assess conformity of The Organization against applicable requirements of the FSC normative framework with regards to forest management certification, as well as reporting and decision making.
- Forest Management Evaluations Addendum – Forest Certification Public Summary Reports Code: FSC-STD-20-007b FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)Please note that the content of this normative document has been streamlined into FSC-STD-20-007 Forest Management Evaluations Standard (V4-0)
Publication date: 1 February 2023
Effective date: 1 July 2023
End of transition period: 31 December 2024
The social impacts of forest management mean that forest management is a social as a well as a technical activity. It is not possible to involve all stakeholders in every forest evaluation. It is therefore essential that forest certification and its results should be open to public scrutiny. This is the only way to demonstrate to all interested or affected parties that the certification decisions are justified and acceptable. It is a basic requirement of the FSC scheme that certification bodies make a summary report of each certified forest operation publicly available.
- Forest Management Evaluations Addendum – Forest Certification Reports Code: FSC-STD-20-007a FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)Please note that the content of this normative document has been streamlined into FSC-STD-20-007 Forest Management Evaluations Standard (V4-0)
Publication date: 1 February 2023
Effective date: 1 July 2023
End of transition period: 31 December 2024
The following requirements aim to ensure that the certification body decision making entity has sufficient information on which to base its decisions with respect to conformity with FSC forest stewardship standards, and to help FSC ensure that there is consistency in decision making between different certification bodies.
- Forest Management Groups Code: FSC-STD-30-005 FSC International Center (2020-12-15) Type Standard (STD)This standard specifies the requirements for group entities (the certificate holder) managing a group of forest management units under a single certificate, a process referred to as ‘group certification'.
- FSC Controlled Wood Standard for Forest Management Enterprises Code: FSC-STD-30-010 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)This standard specifies basic requirements applicable at the forest management unit (FMU) level for forest management enterprises to demonstrate to a company or third party certification body that wood supplied is controlled. It allows forest management enterprises to provide evidence that the wood they supply has been controlled to avoid wood that is illegally harvested, harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights, harvested in forest management units in which high conservation values are threatened by management activities, harvested in areas in which forests are being converted to plantations or nonforest use or harvested from forests in which genetically modified tress are planted.
- The FSC Forest Stewardship Standard for Chinese Taipei Code: FSC-STD-TWN-01-2023 EN Forest Stewardship Council (2023-01-31) Type Standard (STD)The present document contains certification requirements for certifying forest operations in Chinese Taipei, developed in accordance with FSC's normative document for the development and maintenance of FSC Forest Stewardship Standards. Revisions of FSC Forest Stewardship Standards are ongoing, and all existing standards will be transferred to the revised Principles & Criteria version 5-2. All standards are valid until replaced by a new FSC Forest Stewardship Standard.
- FSC Glossary of Terms Code: FSC-STD-01-002 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This Glossary is a collection of the most frequently used terms and definitions that have been approved and are used in documents of the FSC Normative Framework, published in the English language.
- FSC Principles and Criteria for Forest Stewardship Code: FSC-STD-01-001 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
FSC is an international organization that provides a system for voluntary accreditation and independent third-party certification. This system allows certificate holders to market their products and services as the result of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable forest management. FSC also sets standards for the development and approval of FSC Stewardship Standards which are based on the FSC Principles and Criteria. In addition, FSC sets standards for the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies (also known as certification bodies) that certify compliance with FSC's standards. Based on these standards, FSC provides a system for certification for organizations seeking to market their products as FSC certified.Version 4-0 is still applicable to those territories which have FSC certified forests but do not have Forest Stewardship Standards based on Version 5-0. Version 4-0 is available for download here: FSC-STD-01-001 Principles and Criteria for Forest Stewardship V4-0
- FSC Product Classification Code: FSC-STD-40-004a FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This standard addendum stipulates the product type nomenclatures that shall be used by Certificate Holders for the purpose of classifying FSC Product Groups.
- FSC Standard for Project Certification Code: FSC-STD-40-006 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This standard specifies the requirements for FSC chain of custody (CoC) certification of projects. For the purposes of this standard a project is defined as the production or renovation of a construction or civil engineering project (e.g. an office building, a condominium of houses, event infrastructure such as concert stages, stand in a trade fair, timber bridge), individual art or decorative object (e.g. sculpture), or transport vehicle (e.g. maritime vessels) that is made of or contains forest-based materials.
- General requirements for FSC accredited certification bodies Code: FSC-STD-20-001 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This standard specifies the accreditation requirements for all certification bodies operating FSC accredited certification programs. The objective of this standard is to ensure that these programs are managed in a competent, consistent, impartial, transparent, rigorous, reliable and credible manner, thereby facilitating their acceptance on a national and international basis and so furthering international trade and promoting sustainable development.
- International Generic Indicators Code: FSC-STD-60-004 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)This Standard contains the FSC International Generic Indicators (IGI), and is a key document in the FSC certification system. The IGI consist of the Preamble, ten Principles and their associated Criteria and Indicators, Annexes, Instructions for Standard Developers and a Glossary of Terms.
- Process Requirements for the Development and Maintenance of National Forest Stewardship Standards Code: FSC-STD-60-006 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This standard specifies the process requirements to be followed for the development and revision of regional (supra-national, trans-national), national or sub-national FSC Forest Stewardship Standards by registered Standards Development Groups and endorsed National Initiatives.
- Requirements for use of the FSC trademarks by certificate holders Code: FSC-STD-50-001 FSC Global Development (2021-10-01) Type Standard (STD)This standard is mandatory for all FSC certificate holders who are entitled to use the FSC trademarks and sets out how to use the FSC trademarks correctly. The standard covers use of the FSC trademarks on FSC certified products, use for promotion of FSC certified products, and for promotion of the company's status as an FSC certificate holder. This standard forms the basis for evaluation and approval by FSC accredited certification bodies of all certificate holders' FSC trademark use.
- Requirements for Sourcing FSC Controlled Wood Code: FSC-STD-40-005 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
Este estándar describe los requisitos de un sistema de diligencia debida para que organizaciones con certificación FSC de Cadena de Custodia eviten material proveniente de fuentes inaceptables. El material proveniente de fuentes inaceptables no puede usarse en productos FSC Mixtos.
- SLIMF and Community Forest Eligibility Criteria Code: FSC-STD-01-003 FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)This standard provides the universal international concepts of ‘small or low intensity managed forest’ (SLIMF) and ‘community forest’ for consistent application across the FSC system.
- SLIMF eligibility criteria addendum Code: FSC-STD-01-003a FSC International Center Type Standard (STD)
This document provides an up to date list of countries for which the SLIMF eligibility criteria differ from those specified for international use in “FSC-STD-01-003 V1-0 EN: SLIMF Eligibility Criteria” .